Police Record Checks

Police Record Checks
Police Record Checks 2011-05-11T18:25:13+00:00

This service is restricted to applicants seeking employment and/or volunteer work with vulnerable individuals. This includes national and local police databases. The possible existence of criminal convictions and outstanding charges, as well as incidents of all negative police contacts for at least the previous five years will be considered for release.

Those who have not dropped off their Police Checks will be require to produce one before assuming their volunteer position.

All new volunteers to KMHA will require a Police Check. Any volunteers who’s Police Check expired in 2009 will require an up to date Police Check to be submitted.

It is strongly encouraged that Police Checks be performed on your own using the following steps.

  1. Download the Ottawa Police Form
  2. Fill the form out and e-mail the form to riskandsafety@kmha.ca
  3. The information provided will be used by Risk and Safety Coordinator to fill out the KMHA Volunteer letter to provide proof that you are involved with KMHA in a volunteer capacity in order to have the processing fee waived
  4. Your Ottawa Police Form and KMHA Volunteer letter will sent back to you via e-mail (in PDF format) and you can print off the forms
  5. You can take the forms to either the central Police Station on Elgin St downtown or within Kanata to the local Police detachment located 211 Huntmar Drive
  6. Please ensure that you bring the necessary photo id listed on the form and the letter from KMHA to ensure the fee is waived.

By doing the police check yourself, this will enable you to avoid any delays in starting your volunteer position.

More information will be coming soon.

Questions / Comments Email: riskandsafety@kmha.ca