Only one (1) parent/guardian per participant will be permitted to stay per session for the sole purpose of supervising your child. You must go directly to the spectator area, unless helping your player with their skate’s, and ensure you are physically distanced from the other parent(s)/guardian(s). No huddling allowed.
- If a participant does not need help, then the parent(s)/guardian(s) are expected not to enter the facility until just before ice time begins.
- If a participant does not need help, then parent(s)/guardian(s) are expected to leave the facility immediately following the end of the session and wait outside.
- It is mandatory that all individuals wear a mask in the arena. Players may remove their mask while on the ice.
- KMHA health check forms must be submitted prior to entrance to the arena. These forms must be completed by everyone regardless of the reason for entering the facility or for how long.
- Team greeters will continue to confirm health checks have been submitted and will track attendance.
Our goal is to keep our programs running, so thank you for your patience and cooperation as this helps us maintain our goal.
Director at Large Risk and Safety KMHA
Proof of Vaccination Policy- 9/23/2021
In accordance with Ontario Government guidelines, as of September 22nd, all persons eligible to be vaccinated against COVID-19 that are attending KMHA sanctioned events in any public facility will be required to show proof that they have been fully vaccinated prior to entry. Persons are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their second dose.
City of Ottawa has mandated that the Association will be responsible for the screening of its members. The Sensplex, at the moment intends perform the screening themselves. Regardless, you must ensure that have your proof of vaccination with you at ALL times.
For more information on Proof of Vaccination Guidelines and Requirements, please see the Ontario Government document posted here: Proof of Vaccination Guidance under the Reopening Ontario Act (gov.on.ca)
This is an evolving process and more information will be made available as it becomes available.
Director, KMHA Risk and Safety
Parent/player/team staff arena etiquette and protocol-updated December 4, 2020
Return to Hockey -information, Plans and Protocols
Planning a Safe Return to Hockey -Team Staff Online Mandatory Course
Attestation for Return Hockey Activities Following Illness Form