KMHA Code Of Conduct Pledges
All coaches, officials, parents and players must sign a “Code of Conduct” pledge before being allowed to participate in hockey and must continue to observe the principles of Fair Play.
Code Of Conduct
- Membership in the KMHA is not a right – it is a privilege. Members must abide by the Constitution and Bylaws and their behavior is expected to mirror the spirit of this Code.
- All members of the KMHA shall respect other, ODHA, ODMHA and KMHA members, officials, parents, players, team officials, volunteers and Executive Committee members. Any inappropriate conduct, harassment or abuse (includes the use of profanity) directed towards game or team officials, parents, players, volunteers, or Executive Committee members of the KMHA, ODHA, ODMHA or of another Branch District or Association will not be tolerated.
- All members of the KMHA shall respect the game of hockey and shall behave in a manner so as not to make a travesty of the game.
- Violation by any member of any provision of this Code of Conduct may result in an immediate and indefinite family (including player) suspension or expulsion from the KMHA
- In the event of an alleged violation of this Code of Conduct, the Chairman, Discipline and Appeals shall be notified immediately and he shall convene a hearing of the Discipline and Appeals Committee as soon as practical. The Committee shall consist of the Chairman and three other members of the Executive Committee and shall follow the ODMHA Discipline and Appeal hearing format and guidelines. If the Chairman is unable to convene a hearing, the Chairman may designate the President or one of the Vice Presidents to chair the hearing.