Arena Information — What do I need to know?
- Fill out your KMHA Health Check COVID-19 screening form PRIOR to every ice time. This must be done no earlier than 12 hours before your session.
- If your session is at Sensplex, you will also need to fill out the Sensplex Screening Form. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd-6TUrftncaXheQ76Cy0Sv4Ix3llOVkCwyiBWrXHPkgmGFLg/viewform
- Arrive at the arena no more than 20 minutes before your ice time.
- Check in with the KMHA Greeter for every session. They will be situated at the entrance point of the arena. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!
- Follow Sensplex Guidelines https://www.sensplex.ca/covidresponseplan/
- Follow City of Ottawa Arena Guidelines. See below
City of Ottawa Arena Etiquette
- All individuals must complete a COVID-19 self- screening assessment prior to entering the city facility.
- If participants/coaching staff or spectators/supervisors have any COVID-19 symptoms posted at the door, they are not permitted in the facility.
- Provide 2 Metre distancing throughout the
- Follow directional flow arrows, decals, and visual markers to maintain
- Masks and face coverings are required whenever participants are not actively engaged in physical activity. For example, masks must be worn
- In Change rooms
- In the lobby
- If you are coaching
- If you are a spectator
- Where possible separate Entrance and Exit points will be designated to assist with proper traffic flow
- Hand Sanitizer will be available at the entrance/exit.
- Doors are managed by designated volunteer/coach (Safety Officer) selected by user group. A city employee (Greeter) will offer assistance with facility specific information, policies, and procedures.
- A maximum of 25 Participants (including coaches and officials) plus one parent/guardian per participant under the age of 18 years old in the arena. On and off ice coaches are included in the count of 25.
- No spectators but we will allow a maximum of 25 parent/guardians to supervise their children.
- Participants are given access to the building 20 minutes prior to the booking
- Supervisors are asked to enter at the beginning of the of their time unless accompanying a child who requires assistance.
- Supervisors are asked to exit the arena once the flood begins to assist with transition of rentals.
- Contract Holder has access to the assigned Change Room 20 minutes prior and 20 minutes post booking
- Supervisors are permitted in the change room for skate tying only
- Participants are encouraged to arrive dressed in gear as much as
- Change rooms provide 2 Metre visual markers (6-12 participants)
- Change Room showers are currently closed
- It is recommended players arrive with a filled water
- No indoor dryland training
- No spitting
- The City of Ottawa COVID-19 Conditions of Use for Arenas must be followed at all times, failure to comply will result in immediate removal from the facility, non-refundable ice cancellation and review of future contract bookings.
- All users must comply with all current guidelines, regulations and recommendations related to COVID-19 by Ottawa Public Health, the Municipal and Provincial government, the sport governing body, and their Association.
Director at Large
Risk and Safety