KMHA Police Records- Now what?

KMHA Police Records- Now what?


It will take 6-8 weeks to receive your police check completed police check in the mail. Once you receive it, please email a copy (you keep the original for your records) to risk and safety,   and


For those who require a police check


  1. Download the Ottawa Police Form
  2. Email the following information to– Last Name, First Name, Initials, Full Home Address and Phone Number for a volunteer letter to bring with you so that you will not be charged a fee at the police station(KMHA WILL NOT REIMBURSE FOR POLICE CHECKS, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ATTAIN THE VOLUNTEER LETTER TO BRING WWITH YOU)
  3. The information provided will be used by Risk and Safety Coordinator to fill out the KMHA Volunteer letter to provide proof that you are involved with KMHA in a volunteer capacity in order to have the processing fee waived.
  4. Risk Coordinator will e-mail a signed KMHA Volunteer letter (in PDF format) and you can print off the letter and fill out the Ottawa Police Form.
  5. You can take the forms to either the central Police Station on Elgin St downtown or within Kanata to the local Police detachment located 211 Huntmar Drive or any other Ottawa Police Station
  6. Please ensure that you bring the necessary photo ID listed on the form and the letter from KMHA to ensure the fee is waived.
  7. Once you have received the stamped and signed copy of the Police Records Check from Ottawa Police, please ensure that a PDF scanned copy or a photocopy of the original is provided to safety,   and

By doing the police check yourself, this will enable you to avoid any delays in starting your volunteer position.

*Vulnerable persons or individuals refers to a class of persons who, because of their age, a disability or other circumstances, whether temporary or permanent are in a position of dependence on others or are otherwise at a greater risk than the general population of being harmed by persons in a position of authority or trust relative to them (for example: children, disabled or elderly)

Questions / Comments Email :